KA220-HED- Cooperation partnerships in higher education.
LEARN & EXCHANGE: Upskilling the Information Professionals of the Future: Novel Digital Transformation MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses)
Duration of Project:
Project Start and End Dates:
22.11.2021 / 22.07.2024
Applicant Institution / Coordinator and Applicant:
Ankara University – Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nevzat ÖZEL
Project Application Number and Date:
KA220-HED-D040CA07 – 21.05.2021
Objectives: What do we want to achieve by implementing the project?
- to plan, develop, deliver, validate and start using in the educational practice a novel set of MOOCs in the domain of digital transformation with a focus on the needs of information skills
- to synthesize the guiding principles for designing MOOCs which support action learning;
- to develop an innovative and scalable online learning platform;
- to design MOOCs on digital skills and capabilities offering a coherent set of courses in the domain of digital transformation, including an introductory course on digital transformation and information sectors, and courses on data management and visualization; digital literacy; information organization and access, and user experience design;
- to create and share standardized international online courses to provide exchange opportunities in virtual learning environments; the courses will be developed in seven languages – English, Turkish, French, Italian, Bulgarian, Estonian, and Hungarian;
- to ensure personalized learning experiences with suitable tools with an emphasis on action learning; – to ensure intelligent, learner-centric analytics to help instructors understand how learners engage with course materials;
- to implement a mechanism for verifying learning outcomes and generate secure certificates issued after identity verification;
- to create assessments using templates with features such as hinting, problem banks, automatic question generation, open-ended assessments, and code testers;
- to provide learners with pathways to improving their digital skills and capabilities; – to encourage engagement by the use of a range of technological tools;
- to disseminate the outputs and the outcomes of the project;
- to connect with networks that would help to scale up the use of the new MOOCs;
- to create a community of practice taking this partnership to higher level ensuring sustainability;
- to enhance the possibilities of virtual and blended Erasmus mobilities;
- to contribute to establishing a European Education Area as well as strengthen the link between education and research, to foster the critical thinking skills of learners who are information professionals of the future.